The Chamber is seeking nominations for its 2019 Citizen of the Year and Mac Norcross Small Business Leader of the Year Awards to be presented at the organization’s 67th Annual Meeting on Friday, September 20. It’s a prestigious way to honor two individuals who have contributed to the Chamber and community!
Citizen of the Year Award
This award is presented to a person who:
- Focused attention through their direct efforts in the Central Pinellas area resulting in acclaim/public notice.
- Is distinguished through outstanding achievement in community service.
- Performed volunteer (uncompensated) services to the community. (Offices and/or chairmanship titles with national, state and local levels will be considered.)
Mac Norcross Small Business Leader of the Year Award
Mac Norcross embodied the qualities of a true outstanding small businessman. As the owner of Sanford and Norcross Realty, he was an active Chamber member, most notably for his service on the Small Business Committee. He served as president of the Chamber in 1985 and was named Citizen of the Year in 1988.
Individuals eligible for nomination should reflect the following:
- Owner of a locally operated independent or franchised business with 50 or less full-time employees.
- Active member of the Central Pinellas Chamber of Commerce with a history of Chamber involvement.
- Committed to the community, as demonstrated by contributions of personal time and/or resources.
- Proven commitment to local entrepreneurship/small business.
- Deadline for nominations is Monday, August 19, 2019.
- Supporting documentation may be included.
- Only written nominations will be allowed.
- Past recipients are not eligible, but nominees from previous years are.
- Chamber membership is not required for Citizen of the Year.